mandag 13. januar 2014

out of africa

And so we are on our way
we are travelling out of Norway
and into Africa
again

Over three months we will be away
we have rented a house in Karen outside Nairobi

Naomi is 6 months old
David is 10 years old
Erik will be 9 when we are here,
and Sara is six and a half.

Our families and friends are spread out
from countryside HOME in Askøy,
to bigcitylife NewYorkCity,
Southern Sudan, India, Turkey, UK,
Tønsberg, Oslo and Radøy

I will tell some of our stories
share some of our images
sometimes in Norwegian
sometimes English
Swahili or Luo

from the view of a parenthropologist





                                             "If I know a song of Africa, of the giraffe and the African new moon lying on her back, of the plows in the fields and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers, does Africa know a song of me? Will the air over the plain quiver with a color that I have had on, or the children invent a game in which my name is, or the full moon throw a shadow over the gravel of the drive that was like me, or will the eagles of the Ngong Hills look out for me?"

-Karen Blixen- Out of Africa

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar